Unaccompanied minors and young passengers
Unaccompanied minors are children aged between 5 and 12 travelling alone,
entrusted to the carrier’s care.
A child must have
all necessary documents (flight ticket, passport, visa, unaccompanied minor form). The unaccompanied minor form has to contain all details about the child and the person that accompanies the child
to the flight, as well as the person that will meet the child at the arrival
airport. All documents are placed in a red plastic bag marked by the letters
UM and the child carries it around the neck during the stay at the airport and
during the flight.
Boarding and the flight
After checking in, the parent hands the child over to the
airport stewardess who accompanies him or her to the aircraft. The person
accompanying the child to the airport must remain on the premises until the
flight departure.mThe child boards the aircraft first and the flight
attendants make sure he or she is safely and comfortably seated, usually by an
adult passenger. The flight attendants pay special attention to the
unaccompanied child during the whole flight.
After the flight
The child leaves the aircraft
last and the airport stewardess accompanies him or her to the persons stated in the form waiting at
the arrival airport. The persons must identify themselves and sign the
unaccompanied minor form.
The price of this service depends on whether it is a domestic or an international flight. With domestic flights, the price depends on where you have purchased your ticket and whether the domestic segment is a part of an international travel.
- domestic flight (price per segment if the whole travel is within Croatia): 200 HRK + 25 % PDV
- domestic flight (price per segment if the whole travel s within Croatia and the ticket is purchased abroad): 30 € + 25 % PDV
- domestic flight (price per segment when that segment is a part of an international travel, e.g. Frankfurt - Zagreb -Split): 30 €
- international flight (price per segment): 40 €
For all further details, please contact one of our sales offices.
Young passengers between 12 and 18 years of age
can travel as:
- Unaccompanied minors - on special request of the parents or appointed guardians
- Regular adult passengers - In such cases it is necessary to check the conditions defined by the law of the country they are travelling to.