Croatia Airlines Booking Policy
AIRLINE NAME: CROATIA AIRLINES
AIRLINE ALPHA + NUMERIC CODE: OU - 831
Croatia Airlines Booking Policy – 01.02.2020.
The purpose of this policy is to set out general rules for accessing Croatia Airlines inventory. The Policy is effective from February 1st, 2020 and it supersedes Croatia Airlines GDS Booking Policy dated May 1st, 2013.
The Policy applies to all GDS/CRS users including travel agents, travel service providers and all travel professionals accessing Croatia Airlines inventory via the Internet or any other electronic means. Any travel agent must ensure that all its employees accessing Croatia Airlines inventory on all of its locations are familiar with this Policy.
Croatia Airlines intends to monitor all transactions to identify non-compliant practices. Croatia Airlines reserves the right to reimburse the cost by sending Agency Debit Memo with a cost recovery fee as set out in this Policy and in Croatia Airlines ADM/ACM Policy.
Croatia Airlines reserves the right to restrict the access to its inventory, temporary or permanently, to any GDS/CRS user if repeated noncompliance practice will be registered.
Croatia Airlines requires all travel agents accessing OU inventory to comply with IATA resolution 830d RESERVATIONS PROCEDURES FOR ACCREDITED AGENTS. Please follow these instructions any time and without exceptions.
1. Desired practice
When booking a Croatia Airlines flight, please create a PNR for your customer by following these simple guidelines:
- Request space and create reservation only for the desired flights and only if it is required by the passenger or any person requesting it on behalf of the passenger
- Use Reservation Booking Designators only if it is compliant with the fare,
- Read Fare rule carefully, advise passenger of restrictions and advantages of the chosen fare type,Croatia Airlines Booking Policy – 01.02.2020. Croatia Airlines – Network & Revenue Management
- Use available RBD. Refrain from waitlist and do not waitlist segments on the flight where passenger is already confirmed,
- Take special care of Minimum Connecting Time. Do not create PNR and do not end the transaction if the connecting time is below the minimum required,
- Insert passenger contact details in the PNR as SSR CTCM or CTCE,
- Use advantages of auto pricing if it is available for the chosen Fare type. Do not override it manually,
- Use advantages of Automated Ticket Changer if it is available in your GDS or your market and for the selected fare,
- Respect ticketing deadline from the Fare rule, if any,
- Respect ticketing deadline alert sent by Revenue Integrity System or RI Specialist,
- Cancel the reservation immediately if you're advised to do so by the passenger.
2. Non-compliant practices
According to IATA Resolution 830d, travel agent is liable for the consequences of its failure to comply with the resolution. Agency debit Memo will be sent for the following misuse of the distribution channels:
- 1.1 Failure to remove Inactive segments from the PNR Inactive segment can be identified with the segment status HX/UC/NO/US/UN All inactive segments must be cancelled from the PNR immediately when received but no later than 24 hours prior to departure. Inactive segments that are not cancelled 24 hours prior to departure are subject to the Cost Recovery Fee.
- 1.2 Failure to remove waitlisted segments from the PNR Waitlisted segment can be identified with the segment status HL/HN/UU All waitlisted segments must be cancelled from the PNR at least 24 hours prior to departure. Travel agents must not repeatedly create waitlisted segments. Waitlisted segments that are not cancelled on time as well as repeatedly requested waitlists are subject to the Cost Recovery Fee.
- 1.3 Churning Repeated cancelling and rebooking of space with the purpose of circumventing ticketing time limits of the fare rule or the ticketing time limits set down by revenue integrity system.Croatia Airlines Booking Policy – 01.02.2020. Croatia Airlines – Network & Revenue Management Churning is not allowed for any reason and in case of high number of repeatedly booked segments could result with high amount charged for Cost Recovery Fee.
- 1.4 Duplicate bookings / Redundant segments Segments booked (confirmed or waitlisted) for one passenger in the same or different PNR, in the same or different GDS used by the same agency and for the same flight or for a different flight that logically cannot be flown. It is not allowed to create duplicate segments any time. Each duplicate segment will result with the charge sent to the agent for cost recovery.
- 1.5 Fictitious or speculative bookings or ticket numbers, test PNRs Segments booked for speculative reasons like holding the space blocked from the inventory or segments that are not requested by the passenger, or segments booked for the purpose of test or training. It is strongly prohibited and will result in sending of ADM for cost recovery if false ticket number is entered into the PNR or false name used.
- 1.6 Failure to cancel reservations after ticket refund or cancellation. Segments are active in the reservation but ticket status was changed to ER or EV. Reservation must be cancelled at the same time ticket status was changed to void or refund. Each segment left active after ticket status change will result with ADM issuance.
- 1.7 Hidden groups Blocking space by means of many separate individual bookings instead of the established group procedure. Blocking space by means of many separate individual bookings instead of the established group procedure is prohibited. Such bookings are subject to immediate cancellation without prior notification. For further information please refer to Croatia Airlines Group Policy.
- 1.8 Failure to notify the customer of the reservation status Agent received reservation status change (TK/UN/UC etc.) failed to notify the customer about the change while customer’s contact details were not available in the PNR in the format CTCM or CTCE at the time of reception of status change message. According to IATA resolution 830d travel agent is responsible to inform the passenger about change in reservation status. Agent’s failure to notify the customer does not initiate raising of ADM by itself. However, should the customer complain result in any kind of compensation paid to the customer, based on EU 261/2004 or any other regulation, Croatia Airlines will reimburse the paid amount from the responsible agent.Croatia Airlines Booking Policy – 01.02.2020. Croatia Airlines – Network & Revenue Management Responsible agent is considered to be IATA agent issuing ticket that was used by the passenger on day of travel.
- 1.9 Minimum Connecting Time override
Transfer time at any transfer point in the routing was below required minimum connecting time at the
time of ticketing
Ticket issuance while failing to observe the prescribed minimum connecting will not lead to ADM
issuance by itself. However, should the customer miss the connection at the station where MCT was
overridden, it will result with ADM issuance in the following cases:
- Should the customer complaint result in any kind of compensation paid to the customer, based on EU 261/2004 or other regulation, Croatia Airlines will reimburse the paid amount from the responsible agent.
- Should the misconnection result with additional cost in terms of involuntary rerouting, hotel accommodation, transfers, meals etc., Croatia Airlines will reimburse the cost from the responsible agent.
- Responsible agent is considered to be IATA agent issuing ticket that was used by the passenger on day of travel.
3. Cost recovery Fee
Cost Recovery Fee for Non-Compliant practices described under 2 1.1. – 2.1.6. will be debited in the amount of 5€ per passenger per segment.
4. Administrative fee
All Agency Debit Memos issued by Croatia Airlines are subject to administrative fee. For further info refer to Croatia Airlines ADM/ACM Policy.
5. Closing remarks
Croatia Airlines will always issue Agency Debit Memo in accordance with IATA resolution 850m ISSUE AND PROCESSING OF AGENCY DEBIT MEMOS (ADMS).
Deadlines specified in 850m Paragraph 4 ISSUANCE PRINCIPLES for ADM issuance and ADM dispute must be observed.
Croatia Airlines requests all agents issuing OU/831 travel documents to familiarize with IATA resolution 830a CONSEQUENCES OF VIOLATION OF TICKETING AND RESERVATION PROCEDURES.
Croatia Airlines requests all agents issuing OU/831 travel documents and / or accessing Croatia Airlines inventory to familiarize with IATA resolution 830d RESERVATIONS PROCEDURES FOR ACCREDITED AGENTS.
Amadeus Airline Ancillary Services (AAAS) are optional services that a passenger can purchase in combination with an airline ticket.
Please note that:
- Amadeus Airline Ancillary Services are priced with the automatic pricing option
- Interline and codeshare flights are excluded from the AAAS.
Please find all relevant information and guidelines in the document "OU EMD Distribution - Services Policy AAAS".