Split is the seat of Split-Dalmatia County, the largest Dalmatian city and the second-largest urban centre in Croatia. This eternally young city with around 200 thousand inhabitants has lived its urban rhythm for 1700 years with Diocletian's palace at its heart, which is also the historical centre of the city and a UNESCO world heritage site. Split is located on the shores of the Mediterranean, more specifically on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea, spreading over a central peninsula and its surroundings. An intraregional transport hub, the city is a link to the numerous surrounding Adriatic islands and the Apennine peninsula, as well as a popular tourist destination. The rich offer for tourists as well as the unique cultural heritage and many cultural and tourist events gives Split its special charm and makes it an ideal holiday destination throughout the year.
- characteristic local dishes and specialities: fish and seafood dishes, Dalmatian prosciutto, salted anchovies or cheese in oil, roasted or cooked lamb meat, "pašticada" (meat speciality) with gnocchi
- traditional cakes and sweets: rožata (caramel egg pudding), Dalmatian kroštule (fried pastry), peršurate (fritters)
- Dalmatian herb or grape brandy
- red wines: Dingač, Faros, Babić, Postup…
- white wines: Pošip, Maraština, Grk, Bogdanuša…
- sweet, dessert wine Prosecco
- numerous taverns and restaurants
- pizzerias and spaghetterias
- Diocletian's Palace: wall and gates remnants (Golden Gate, Silver Gate, Iron Gate and Brass Gate, Cathedral of St Duje (Saint Domnius), Peristyle, Temple of Jupiter, palace's basement… Prokurative Square, Riva, Marmontova Street, Radunica district, Voćni Trg Square, Pjaca Square, fish market, outdoor market called Pazar, fortress Gripe, districts of Veli Varoš and Matejuška, statue of Grgur Ninski
- museums and art galleries: the sacral and art complex Kaštelet Meštrović and Meštrović Gallery, Split City Museum, Museum of Croatian Archaeological Monuments, Museum of Natural Sciences and the zoo, Archaeological Museum, Ethnographic Museum, Art Gallery, Croatian Maritime Museum, Cathedral and the Treasury (Roman Mausoleum), museums within the Palace's basement
- institutes: Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries, Institute for Adriatic Crops and Karst Reclamation, Hydrographic Institute of the Republic of Croatia, Theological and Catechetical Institute, Franciscan Institute for the Culture of Peace, Mediterranean Institute for Life Research (MEDILS) established by the scientist dr. Miroslav Radman and Civil Engineering Institute (IGH).
- traditional manifestation – Split Summer Festival ("Splitsko ljeto")
- Split music festival – popular music festival taking place each summer on the Prokurative Square
- The Sounds of Dalmatia– "Klape" at Peristyle (12 April – 1 November 2009)
Split Card = free admittance to museums and galleries, a 50% discount on tickets to museums and galleries, a 20% discount on tickets to theatres, discounts on services and products … The Split Card costs € 5, while it is free for sojourns lasting 3 days and more. It is valid for 72 hours and can be bought / obtained in the Tourist Information Centre, tourist agencies and hotels.
Travel to Croatia with Croatia Airlines
Book your flight on our official website or at any Croatia Airlines sales office in city centers or at the airport. Web check-in is available between 36 hours and up to one hour prior to scheduled departure time. You can also check in at the departure airport 120 minutes before take off. Book your affordable flight on time.
Additional services included in the price of the ticket
The price of the flight ticket includes food and drinks served on board, as well as web check-in and accrual of miles in Miles & More or any other Star Alliance frequent flyer programme. You will also find your personal copy of our inflight magazine CROATIA on board. The magazine promotes Croatian cultural and historical heritage, as well as current events, but also presents you with Croatia Airlines destinations and many other interesting and entertaining topics.
- The prices refer to the one-way flights and include airport taxes and the Ticket Service Charge for purchase on our website.
- Ticket sales: indefinite
- Travel period: indefinite
- Minimum stay : none
- Changes: unlimited number of rebookings without rebooking fee. Changes are possible for new dates within validity of the ticket. Croatia Airlines' fully flexible policy ensures you make and change your travel plans easily and worry-free.
- The number of seats available at the above given price is limited on each flight.
- Prices can vary due to changes of airport taxes.
Find out more:
Checked baggage – prices and conditions
If you want to purchase a FlyEasy ticket, but you have baggage that you wish to check in, you can pay for that service.
- First bag (up to 23 kg and 115 cm) will be charged as follows:
- This service can be bought during the booking process on our website, via our Contact Center and in any sales office. The option of adding a bag is not available if you are booking on our mobile website/application.
- If you have not purchased a bag during the booking process, you can do so subsequently on our website (Manage my booking), by calling our Contact Center or in our sales offices.
- This service can be purchased at any time before your flight, except on our website where you can book your flight and additional service no later than 2 hours before take-off.
- The amount paid for transporting your first bag cannot be refunded. In case of change, the service will be used for the new flight.
- Excess baggage (transportation of additional bags and non-standard baggage) will be charged as before. All prices and conditions can be found here.
Flights within Croatia
|80 HRK + PDV per direction up to 24 hours before departure||30 € per direction up to 24 hours before departure|
|120 HRK + PDV per direction within 24 hours before departure||40 € per direction within 24 hours before departure|
Comparison of fare families
For detailed information click here