Unaccompanied minors and young passengers
Unaccompanied minors are children aged between 5 and 12 travelling alone, entrusted to the carrier’s care.
IMPORTANT: It is not possible to buy a flight ticket for an unaccompanied minor on our website. In order to book this service and make payment, please contact one of our sales offices or our Contact Center (+385 1 66 76 555; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Unaccompanied Minor Form
A child must have all necessary documents (flight ticket, passport, visa, unaccompanied minor form). The unaccompanied minor form has to contain all details about the child and the person that accompanies the child to the flight, as well as the person that will meet the child at the arrival airport. All documents are placed in a red plastic bag marked by the letters UM and the child carries it around the neck during the stay at the airport and during the flight.
It is necessary to arrive at the airport of departure earlier than the recommended time for check-in in order to check the required documentation.
Boarding and the flight
After checking in, the parent hands the child over to the airport stewardess who accompanies him or her to the aircraft. The person accompanying the child to the airport must remain on the premises until the flight departure. The child boards the aircraft first and the flight attendants make sure he or she is safely and comfortably seated, usually by an adult passenger. The flight attendants pay special attention to the unaccompanied child during the whole flight.
After the flight
The child leaves the aircraft last and the airport stewardess accompanies him or her to the persons stated in the form waiting at the arrival airport. The persons must identify themselves and sign the unaccompanied minor form.
The price of this service depends on whether it is a domestic or an international flight. With domestic flights, the price depends on where you have purchased your ticket and whether the domestic segment is a part of an international travel.
- domestic flight (price per segment if the whole travel is within Croatia): 30 € + 25 % VAT
Example: flight Zagreb - Dubrovnik - Zagreb, 2 x 30 EUR + 25 % VAT
- domestic flight (price per segment if the whole travel is within Croatia and the ticket is purchased abroad): 30 € + 25 % VAT
Example: flight Zagreb - Dubrovnik - Zagreb, 2 x 30 € + 25 % VAT
- domestic flight (price per segment when the domestic flight in question is combined with an international flight): 40 €
Example: flight Split – Zagreb – London, 40 € + 40 €
- international flight (price per segment): 40 € Example: flight Sarajevo - Zagreb - Paris, 40 € + 40 €
It is mandatory to collect UMNR charge at the time of ticketing. For all further details, please contact one of our sales offices.
Young passengers between 12 and 18 years of age can travel as:
- Unaccompanied minors - on special request of the parents or appointed guardians
- Regular adult passengers - In such cases it is necessary to check the conditions defined by the law of the country they are travelling to.
Please note: Children under the age of 15 are not permitted to board flights OU4001 and OU4002 (the carrier is Air France) unaccompanied by an adult. Croatia Airlines is not able to provide a chaperone for children on these flights.